With my prize money from the Drexel Hershey Project , I bought myself something I have always wanted, but never could bring myself to spend the money on (I like to save money).
I am pleased to announce that I bought myself the Le Crust Pumpkin Pot! I have wanted this pot for YEARS. I thought it was a sign that I was also able to get free shipping and a FREE MINI PUMPKIN POT! The joy these pots bring me is worth the price tag. They will be year-round pots for me as well.
Sweet Potato Oatmeal
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked (cooked in microwave or roasted in oven)
- 3/4 cup groats, or 1 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp molasses
- three pinches salt
- 4-5 cups water
- 2 Tbs maple syrup (optional)
- Toppings: toasted sunflower seeds, nut butters, dried cherries or cranberries, sliced banana
- Combine the cooked sweet potato*, rolled oats, spice, molasses, salt, water, and maple syrup (optional) in a pot. Give it a good stir.
- Over medium high heat, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to medium low and cook until desired consistency is reached. This took me about 20 minutes.
- Top with anything! I love toasted sunflower seeds and dried cranberries on this oatmeal.
*I like roasted a bunch of sweet potatoes at once. Turn the oven to 350, prick the potatoes with a fork all over, bake until soft and sweet – about 40 minutes, but it depends on the size of your sweet potatoes.