I am sharing a recipe for wholesome, healthy muffins that are perfect for an on-the-go snack or with breakfast in the morning. They might look a little….boring…but trust me, they are yummy. They are also super super simple to make – you only need two bowls to mix everything together. These muffins are also naturally gluten free because they use almond flour and oats instead of flour. Overall, they are moist and delicious so I don’t see why someone wouldn’t like them (unless you don’t like raisins…and in that case, I would advice you not to put them in and put chocolate chips instead)
This recipe is slightly changed, but is from Run Fast Eat Slow which has amazing recipes for simple, nourishing dishes. I hope you give this recipe a go!
*Recipe from Run Fast Eat Slow
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zuchinni
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips…or both
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffins tin
- Combine the almond flour, oats, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, and vanilla powder in a bowl.
- Combine the eggs, butter, maple syrup, carrots, and zucchini to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir together.
- Before, the almond flour in completely mixed in, add the walnuts and raisins to the batter and mix.
- Divide the batter between the muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes.