Slow moving snow days call for slow moving recipes.
This week is finals week for me and then I am on spring break. Yay! Classes were canceled yesterday because of the Nor’easter coming our way. Storm Toby got my second exam postponed to this morning. My last exam is Friday(tomorrow) at 10:30, and then I am heading home Friday night.
You can bet on Saturday I will be making these sweet potatoes.
Slow roasted sweet potatoes take a while, but as long as you set a timer, you can forget about them until you here that bing. It is easiest to make a big batch so you can eat them all week long.
The sweet potatoes I have been getting at the farmers market have been amazing and taste like candy when cooked this way. Try this recipe once, and you will be hooked.
Slow Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- oil (to coat the sweet potatoes)
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Wash the sweet potatoes well. Poke with a fork all around the potato.
- Using your hands, rub the sweet potatoes with oil so they are coated with a very thin layer.
- Place the potatoes on a tray and bake for 2 -3 hours.
- When they are soft and the juices/ caramelized sugar is seeping out of them they are done!
I like my sweet potatoes with nut butter (peanut butter is the best!) or butterand cinnamon.